Trainee Assistant Accountant
Hours: 40 Hours per Week (Full-Time)
Location: Edinburgh, West End
Salary: £20k plus bonuses plus training
MatchPoint is looking for a dynamic, pro-active, ambitious person who is looking to progress their finance career. The candidate should be aiming to be a fully qualified management accountant as well as looking to develop a wide range of executive business skills.
MatchPoint is a specialist corporate hospitality sales business. Operating internationally from offices in Edinburgh, Hong Kong, London, Melbourne and Sydney to deliver hospitality sales, marketing and management support services to sporting and arts governing bodies, events rights holders, stadia and venues around the globe.
Based in Head Office, Edinburgh, the role will provide a service to the Companies within the MatchPoint Group.
Reporting to the Finance Manager and providing a service to the Business Director, you will embark on a training program which will involve you working predominantly with one of the Companies in the Group. This will enable you to learn the business, industry and processes as well as developing your soft skills through a tailored-made syllabus designed specifically to your abilities. You should also be looking to start your professional qualifications with first exams sitting in 2013.
Initial tasks of this introductory period include book-keeping, accruals and prepayments, month end prep up to trail balance, and event reconciliations.
You will then start moving into the Assistant Accountant role where you will be involved in Group-wide management reporting, tax compliance, forecasting, monitoring book-keepers, budgets, and payroll amongst other tasks.
Over 3 – 5 years you will be fully immersed into Accountancy training and an Executive Skills training program.
Capabilities & Personal Specification Required:
- Proficient in Microsoft Office especially Excel and Word
- SAGE experience (preferred)
- Excellent written and oral communicator
- Excellent time management skills
- Ability to prioritise
- Diligent with good attention to detail
You are encouraged to apply quickly. Closing date for applications is the 17th May 2013.
To apply email your CV to Caroline McLuckie: firstname.lastname@example.org
t: +44 131 220 8013
We are always interested in recruiting talented sales staff. Please contact Natalie Lovegrove on 0131 477 7755 or Jason Bray on 020 8332 7384.
MatchPoint always require excellent hostesses for event work on an occasional basis. We require individuals that are:
- Well presented, intelligent, pleasant, and have an outgoing manner
- Over 18 years old
- Legally able to work in the UK
- Experienced in the hospitality and/or catering trade
- Professional in the work place
General duties would include:
- Meeting and greeting clients
- Ensuring everyone has whatever drinks/food they require at all times, which will include assisting with the wine service if necessary.
- Directing and informing guests where their seats are located.
- Taking coats (cloakroom tickets) and distributing again later in the day
- Communicating with guests in a pleasant manner throughout the day
If you think that you could fulfil these requirements, please send an up-to-date CV and your contact details to email@example.com or call 0131 477 7755.